Caribbean Jerk Chicken Drumsticks
6-8 chicken drumsticks
- 2T olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3T brown sugar
- 2T lime juice
- 2T Culley’s tropical Caribbean hot sauce
- 1T soy sauce
- 1T ginger, grated
- 2t cinnamon
- 2t nutmeg
- Pat the drumsticks dry with paper towels and place into a large ziplock bag.
- Blend the marinade ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. Add to the ziplock bag and shake about to cover the chicken. Place in the fridge and marinate for atleast 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C fan-forced and line a baking tray with foil then lay a wire rack over top.
- Place the drumsticks across the rack and baste with half of the remaining marinade. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn the drumsticks and baste with the remaining marinade and bake for another 25 minutes, until the skin is a dark brown.