Savoury Steel-Cut Oats with Fried Tomatoes and Chipotle
- ⅓ cup wholegrain steel-cut oats
- 1 cup stock of choice
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp Culley’s No.4 Mexican Chipotle Sauce
- 1 large tomato, thickly sliced
- Yoghurt, herbs, nuts and seeds, to serve
- In a small saucepan, heat oats, stock and milk together over high heat, until the mixture boils. Reduce heat and add Culley’s No.4 Mexican Chipotle Sauce.
- Simmer, stirring, for 15-20 minutes, adding more liquid as necessary.
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add tomato slices and fry for 7-10 minutes, flipping when browned on one side and softened.
- To serve, pour oats into a serving bowl and top with additional Culley’s No.4 Mexican Chipotle Sauce, fried tomato, yoghurt, herbs, nuts and seeds. Enjoy hot.