Deviled Chicken Wings By Carina Stewart
- 10 Chicken Wings
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ⅓ Cup Culley's Habanero Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel and place into a large bowl.
- Measure out the brown sugar, baking powder, chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper into a small bowl and mix until well combined.
- Pour the dry rub over the chicken wings and toss until well coated.
- Place the chicken wings on a baking sheet topped with a rack in a single layer and bake in a 200C | 400F oven for 40-50 mins or until cooked through and well browned.
- When the wings are just about ready make the sauce by pouring the hot sauce, honey, and butter into a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes until thickened.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oven and transfer to a bowl. Pour over the sticky sauce and toss until the wings are generously coated.
- Serve immediately with a dipping sauce like ranch to cool down the spice.
If you don't want too much spice omit the chili powder and just use a smaller amount.
Use your favourite hot sauce or use a more milder sauce for less heat.