Fresh Rice Paper Rolls with Maple, Peanut & Chipotle Dipping Sauce
•5 sheets rice paper
•1 small carrot, matchsticks
•4 dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated and sliced
•1/2 cup edamame beans
•3 sliced lotus root, sliced
•A few sprigs of mint leaves, torn
•2 tbsp peanut butter
•2 tbsp maple syrup
•1/2 tsp ground ginger
•1/4 tsp salt
•1 tsp Culley's No.8 Chipotle Reaper sauce
1. Arrange all vegetables separately on a chopping board. Place a shallow bowl of hot water near your working space, and place a plate or board ready for you to prepare the rice paper rolls.
2. Whisk together all ingredients for the Peanut & Chipotle Dipping Sauce in a small bowl until combined. Place within reach of your prepared working space.
3. To make the rolls, submerge one sheet of rice paper in the hot water for 15 seconds, until softened. Carefully place on the plate or board.
4. Arrange a portion of each of the vegetables along the middle, then dollop over a little of the dipping sauce.
5. Tuck each end of the rice paper towards the centre, then begin to roll up like a wrap. Place on a serving plate to set aside.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 with remaining rice paper sheets and vegetables.
7. Serve rice paper rolls chilled or at room temperature, with dipping sauce.