Vegan Mac and Cheese w/ South Carolina Mustard
By Xzadia Johnson
Instagram - @ChefXzadz
Culley’s South Carolina mustard
4 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 clove garlic
2/3 cup soaked cashews
2/3 cup bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
Chili flakes (optional)
1) Boil macaroni in a pot according to instructions on packet
2) Peel and dice potatoes and carrots, and roughly chop onion. Add all
to a separate pot of boiling water and cook until soft.
3) In a blender, add nutritional yeast, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper,
cashews, and boiled and drained veggies. Add enough water for
desired consistency and blend until smooth.
4) In large baking tray, combine macaroni with cheese sauce and
sprinkle breadcrumbs overtop. Bake in oven for 20-30 min, or until
cooked through and crispy on top.
5) To serve, garnish with chili flakes, black pepper, and chives.