Spicy Honey & Sumac Eggplant Burgers with Tahini Sauce and Zested Lettuce
SPICY HONEY & SUMAC EGGPLANT
•2 thick slices eggplant
•2 tsp honey
•1 tbsp olive oil
•1 tsp sumac
•1/4 tsp Lucky 13 Sauce
•1 large handful lettuce, shredded
•Zest of 1/2 orange
•2 tsp pomegranate molasses
•2 tsp apple cider vinegar
•1 tbsp tahini
•1 tbsp water
•1/8 tsp Culley's Lucky 13 Sauce
•1/4 tsp salt
•2 burger buns, split
•1 large tomato, sliced
•Pickles and herbs of choice
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a small baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a small bowl, mix together honey, olive oil, sumac and Lucky 13 Sauce until combined. Brush all over each eggplant slice to coat.
3. Place eggplant slices on prepared baking tray. Bake for 30-45 minutes, until eggplant is browned and caramelised.
4. Meanwhile, to make the tahini sauce, whisk all ingredients until smooth.
5. To make the lettuce, combine orange zest, pomegranate molasses and apple cider vinegar in a medium bowl. Add lettuce and toss to coat.
6. Heat a little oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, crack in eggs, and fry for 5 minutes until the edges are crispy and the yolks to your liking.
7. To assemble the burgers, spread a little tahini sauce on the base of each bun. Top with lettuce, tomato, eggplant, fried egg and pickles and herbs of choice. Finally, dress with tahini sauce and place the top bun on top. Enjoy immediately!